FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible to merge two Motion files together?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
skinny1
Possible to merge two Motion files together?
on Jul 5, 2006 at 9:38:05 pm

I've got a primary motion project I'm working on and would like to add another motion project into this primary project. I can import it using the file browser, however the secondary project upon import seems to lose track of its associated media files, specifically a photoshop .psd from which I am manipulating multiple layers. The project itself imports, but where the graphics are supposed to be all I have is two dots and a question mark where the image thumbnail should be. Is there an easy way to do this? Both projects are in the same resolution/frame rate/etc.

I've tried adding the .psd in question into my primary project prior to import, but Motion still can't see it. I've also tried selecting the track in question and then trying the File/Reconnect media button, but it's is greyed out. Seems that this would be the place to go but I guess not. Additionally I've simply dragged the .psd in question onto the track in Motion with question mark. This does drop the file into the track, but unfortunately drops the entire .psd (merged) into the track and I can't get rid of the other PS layers. Any thoughts? Thanks.

-Matt

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: Possible to merge two Motion files together?
on Jul 6, 2006 at 2:20:57 am

Heya,

I think you've discovered the Motion equivalent of the Ghostbusters "don't cross the streams", though it sure would be nice if that method worked for doing a merge. Have you tried a Select All->Copy->Paste to get everything from one project to the other? That might not break the project's awareness of the relative file paths.

Return to posts index

skinny1
Re: Possible to merge two Motion files together?
on Jul 6, 2006 at 8:14:57 pm

hmm, don't think I tried the select all method, but I ended up just importing the second project into the first, then re-editing the .psd file into multiple files, one for each layer, then manually assigning them to each track as needed. A PITA to be sure, but it worked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]