FORUMS: list search recent posts

Superman titles

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Winston Cely
Superman titles
on Jul 3, 2006 at 5:11:16 pm

So, I just saw the new Superman Returns movie, and I'm wondering when someone is going to do a tutorial on how to emulate the opening credits using Motion. I'd do it, but really, I'm just not that smart. :(

BTW, IMHO, Superman Returns rocks! Worth the ticket price.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Superman titles
on Jul 3, 2006 at 6:56:12 pm

Agree on the movie. I think you could do it with Trapcode 3d Stroke using AFX. I'm going to play with the demo.

http://www.trapcode.com/products_3dstroke.html

As it's a 3d effect it's a little out of Motion's capabilities if you wanted it to look identical that is.

Noah

Return to posts index

Winston Cely
on Jul 3, 2006 at 7:52:38 pm

Cool. Too bad I don't have AFX. Let us know if it works though! :D

I did kinda mess around with the extrude function in Motion, with the font with line and no fill, and it looks kinda close, but there's no way to adjust the transparency of the extrude filter. That would help a lot.....

I was thinking maybe there's some way to do it with the replicate function, but I'm not totally sure how to go about using it for that....

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 3, 2006 at 10:28:27 pm

This is about as good as I could get in Motion using the Extrude and Light Rays filters. It looks ok as a still but in motion the 3d effect is not that convincing.

Noah

Return to posts index

Winston Cely
on Jul 3, 2006 at 11:37:23 pm

That looks great!

Yeah, I had some difficulties trying to get the 3d effect to not jump around and go all crazy-like. I forgot about the light rays! Good idea. I think the trick will be to animate it..... i might fuss around some more and see if I get anything worth a darn.

Nice work!

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Jul 4, 2006 at 2:22:35 am

Heya,

There seems to be a suspicious level of interest in the Superman credits ;) There's another method over on the Apple discussion boards here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=543007&start=0&tstart=0

Good luck with your project!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 4, 2006 at 2:35:47 am

Not really suspect- I thought it was really cool how they recreated the look of the original '70's film credits. Same as the Star Wars prequels credits though Superman Returns is a far better movie than any of the prequels IMHO.

Noah

Return to posts index

Winston Cely
on Jul 5, 2006 at 8:00:04 pm

I thought there might be a way to do it with a replicator. I'm for sure going to try that this weekend.

I agree, he prequels were pretty rancid.

Return to posts index

Miss Shell
on Jul 17, 2006 at 5:02:53 am

Just in case you're interested, here's the guys who designed the titles:

http://www.prologuefilms.com/

Return to posts index

Sandy Scott
on Dec 4, 2008 at 7:16:24 am

I'll create your credits for you if you need help. It wold take too long to make a tutorial, plus YouTube only gives you 10 minutes and it will take much longer. I'm making my opening credits to my movie fly in and out just like the new Superman Returns movie. I create them on Adobe After Effects. Just email me with what you want and how you want it and I'll see what I cando for you. I make no promises, but will promise that i'll give it my best shot and will email them back to you.

My email is scottactor@yahoo.com

Sandy Scott
actor/director

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Dec 4, 2008 at 11:19:05 am

Ah, but we'll pay you to create a tutorial!

Write kathlyn at creativecow dot net for details.

Tim Wilson
Creative Cow

Return to posts index

Sandy Scott
on Dec 5, 2008 at 3:30:39 am

Hey,
Thanks for the email. I'll give it some serious thought and get back to you. The only way to do a tutorial that you want with enough time is to make a video with my own movie camera and then send it to you since it will take a long time to create it. The more effects you add to the process, the longer it takes to render. If you want a general idea of what mine lokos like I can email one of my AVI files to you of one of the credits and yo ucan tell me if that's what you are looking for. If you have another idea in mind let me kow and I can work on it and then send that file to you for viewing. It's all done with echos. I use 400 echos with a .002 time space between each one with motion blur, CC Radio Fast Blur set at 1 to 3 depending on the echo spacing. I then add in an Opacity effect and set it at around 20% so you can see through the echos. I can make them fly in after the text. like on some of the earlier Superman movies, or like on the new movie, the echos fly out first after the text gets close to the front of the screen as you'll see in my movie file. I can also make them turn and fly in or out front different angles.

Just let me know.

Sandy Scott

Return to posts index

Sandy Scott
on Jan 5, 2009 at 4:42:27 am

Hello everyone,

I posted awhile back about the Superman Returns opening credits. I have done some really good work making them on Adobe After Effects, and if anyone has opening credits they need made for their movie or short let me know and I'll make them for you and send them back to you either through my filefront site or via snail mail on dvd so you can download them and use them. I won't charge a fee for doing them for you, but would like to be compensated for the postage and dvd costs. If you wold klike them a special way then give me all instructions and I'll even add in some whoosh sound effects if you want. You can then overlay them on your movie timeline to make your movie look really awesome. Just let me kow via email.

scottactor@yahoo.com

Thanks

Sandy Scott

Return to posts index

Sandy Scott
on Jan 5, 2009 at 4:44:08 am

Hello everyone,

I posted awhile back about the Superman Returns opening credits. I have done some really good work making them on Adobe After Effects, and if anyone has opening credits they need made for their movie or short let me know and I'll make them for you and send them back to you either through my filefront site or via snail mail on dvd so you can download them and use them. I won't charge a fee for doing them for you, but would like to be compensated for the postage and dvd costs. If you wold klike them a special way then give me all instructions and I'll even add in some whoosh sound effects if you want. You can then overlay them on your movie timeline to make your movie look really awesome. Just let me kow via email.

scottactor@yahoo.com

Thanks

Sandy Scott

Return to posts index

Gene Fallaize
on Aug 28, 2010 at 3:53:45 pm

Hi Sandy, I'd like to talk to you about this further. Feel free to e-mail me at gene.fallaize@cupsoguepictures.com, or I can e-mail you. Many thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]