FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text size changing automatically?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alister
Text size changing automatically?
on Jun 20, 2006 at 4:45:18 am

Hi,

I have been experimenting with a text sequence in motion for the last day or so. The effect is text that is growing on screen with a "Light Rays" layer underneath. (A duplicate of the original layer with light rays applied).

The text is designed to grow quickly to a readable size, grow slowly for a second or so, then grow quickly and fade out as letters disappear off the edge of screen.

Now as the text with the light rays applied gets to the end of its final grow, for the text drops to half height all of a sudden.

I have taken some screen shots to show what happens.
http://homepage.mac.com/projectsplat/frames.jpg

The project is in HD (720p@25fps). I am wondering if this could be causing it. I have seen Motion complain about objects going over the 2k pixel size, but never really understood the implications. In testing, I have spotted that by reducing the light rays right back, the issue does occur, but unfortunatly, the effect of the light rays is all but lost.

Firstly, has anyone had this issue before?
Secondly is there a way to crop so that this does not happen, or set Motion to ignore the 2k pixel limit?

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alister

---
Wombat, with a talent for cutting video

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: Text size changing automatically?
on Jun 20, 2006 at 5:13:51 am

Hey Alister,

While you can't easily limit the render size of the text object, you can limit the size of a layer. Nest the glowing text in its own layer, go into the Layer tab of the Inspector and enable Fixed Resolution, and then apply the Light Rays to the layer, not the text itself. The Fixed Rez setting will keep the layer from auto-sizing itself to the text, and that way the filter gets applied at a reasonable rez.

Keep in mind, though, that it may not just be the filter causing the text to exceed your GPU's 2K texture limit: if the animation on the text causes the text object to exceed 2K, it will still get cropped/resized before the parent layer gets rendered (with the filter).

Good luck with your project!

Return to posts index

Alister
Re: Text size changing automatically?
on Jun 20, 2006 at 5:54:02 am

Tops work Special. That worked a treat. I have been on a really steep learning curve with Motion over the last few days, but I am starting to see the light with this program. Thankyou so much. That saved me a lot of addtional heartache.

Cheers

Alister

---
Wombat, with a talent for cutting video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]