FORUMS: list search recent posts

simulations vortex problem

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lapotnik
simulations vortex problem
on Jun 19, 2006 at 3:59:52 am

I have and alfa channeled circles with some video inside that I've rendered in AE. I would like to spin 6 of those circles around and I've applied the VORTEX behavior. The strange thing is that every element exept alfa channeled circles can be rotating around. Any animation that came from AE just stays put. I've tried "apply to all objects" and I've tried to drop them on the list of "applied to" objects. Nothing works. Basic motions will work fine but simulation vortex or any simulation behavior for that matter for whatever reason works for graphics elements from Illustrator, Potoshop or Motion created objects. Any Ideas?
Thanks much

Return to posts index

Jem Schofield
Re: simulations vortex problem
on Jun 23, 2006 at 12:32:25 pm

Not sure if I can recreate this on my end.

One suggestion:

Try creating a null object and placing that on your canvas (make sure you turn of the object in the layers view).

Then drag your objects into you canvas that you want to be affected by the Vortex behaviour.

Select the null object and apply the Vortex behaviour and see what happens.

If this doesn't work, then something is funky. Maybe try making sure you have all the recent updates for Motion.

Hope this helps.

Jem Schofield
Producer/Creative Director
Apple Certified Trainer
--
Buttons Productions
we are your CREATIVE circle.

toll free - 1.800.530.0559
http://www.buttonsproductions.com

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: simulations vortex problem
on Jun 23, 2006 at 2:27:59 pm

Does the animation from AE consist of all the video circles in one movie file or several movies each with just one circle?

Is the AE movie the same size as the Motion project?

Have you tried creating the masked video circles in Motion?

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

lapotnik
Re: simulations vortex problem SOLVED
on Jun 27, 2006 at 2:43:17 pm

Well, I've solved the problem. The mistake was in how I've applied the Vortex. I've been creating a layer then piling on different animations inside that layer and then applying the vortex. And nothing works this way. Here is how you do it. You create a layer with one element inside and then make a number of copies of that one original element and only afterwards apply the Vortex to the original #1 element. Now the Vortex will work and you can replace the copies with anything you want - graphics or animation.

Return to posts index

Jem Schofield
Re: simulations vortex problem SOLVED
on Jun 27, 2006 at 2:49:16 pm

That's right. Glad it's all worked out.

Jem Schofield
Producer/Creative Director
Apple Certified Trainer
--
Buttons Productions
we are your CREATIVE circle.

toll free - 1.800.530.0559