FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP and Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FCP and Motion
on Jun 9, 2006 at 12:25:35 am

Hi everybody.

I been reading all posts but haven't seen an answeer for this problem. I saw people talking about the send to motion and back to FC timeline as the most eficient metod but when I do this 2 things happen to me.

1- If I choose to embede the clip when I'm done adding Text in Motion and go back to FC timeline the clip has the text in it but doesn't have all the color balancing I had done to it.
2- If I choose not to embed, then when I try to import the file back to FC it says that it doesn't recognize the file.

So far the only way I manage to work oround it is by exporting as Lossless + Alpha...that works. No idea why?
All aplication are in same hard drive under the same serial number. G5 dual...Final Cut Studio 5.

is there an explanation to this/
Help please?

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
Re: FCP and Motion
on Jun 11, 2006 at 1:32:49 pm

I don't have an answer but if it's any consolation I too have problems "roundtripping" from FCP to Motion.
What I do is create my clip (or sequence) that I want to use as an element(s) in Motion and then Export it as a high quality QT file. I usually create a folder for graphic elements so they're easy to find in Motion.
I import those files into my Motion project, do my graphic then export a QT of the finished composite at the same quality as my FCP project (I usually work in Uncompressed 10 bit.) I then import that file into FCP - which since it's a video clip - needs no further rendering. I've found this to be more convenient in that I don't have to re-render that every time I trim or touch it or change the length of a transition! This is the method I used also with M100 and Boris FX. It's a lot less stressful working with the QT files as opposed to the Motion file.

I haven't seen quality loss doing it that way. (I lay off to DigiBeta).

This might not help but lets you know you're not alone.

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP 5.03, OS X10.4.3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved