FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 2 export Lossless into FCP 5 1-workflow pros & cons, quality?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian
Motion 2 export Lossless into FCP 5 1-workflow pros & cons, quality?
on May 26, 2006 at 1:09:59 pm

I am want to create a Motion 2 project for use in Final Cut Pro 5, I know that export Lossless insures the highest quality. I would like to them import this Quicktime movie into Final Cut Pro 5. I want to know the pros and cons of choosing this workflow.

Happy Memorial's Day 2006,

Sebastian

Return to posts index

Arniepix
Re: Motion 2 export Lossless into FCP 5 1-workflow pros & cons, quality?
on May 26, 2006 at 3:49:25 pm

The pros? None, really. the cons? You need to render 2X. Once from Motion, once again in FCP.

The best workflow is to simply import your Motion project directly into FCP & render it directly in your timeline. If you need to make changes, you simply right-click (Control-click if you have a 1 button mouse) & choose 'Open in Editor', which will launch Motion & load the project for you. when you finish your changes, you save, Command-Tab back to FCP, & the motion file will automagically re-link itself.

Arnie

http://www.arniepix.com

Return to posts index

Sebastian
on May 26, 2006 at 10:40:27 pm

So the quality is the same if I export from Motion as Lossless or just import the Motion file into Final Cut Pro? I only ask this because I notice the only preference for Motion is the type of project I want to create when I launch Motion, the only other type I have a choice over quality is if I choose to export and choose Lossless.

Sebastian

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on May 28, 2006 at 11:52:26 pm

You don't seem to have a full grasp of the workflow integration between the Apple applications. It's easier than you might think.
Lossless rendering is only a factor in some higher end codecs. If your FCP prject is DV, it really isn't going to mater at all. If your FCP project is 1080i -- well, to be blunt, you wouldn't be asking the question if your project was high def.

If you need more information, please tell us a little about the nature of your project and the final release medium. It's all relevant to helping you find your most economical workflow.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Sebastian
on May 29, 2006 at 2:06:19 pm

Just a quick thank you to everyone who took the to read and reply to my post. bogiesan my final delivery will be DVD. Also thnak you for the tips that everyone shared, For the record please know in advance how valuable the replies received by me and others are on this board. Sometimes it is some small issue wreaking havoc on someone. Once again thank you.

Sebastian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]