FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video refresh?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Winston Cely
Video refresh?
on May 19, 2006 at 5:58:55 pm

There's isn't a video refresh for Motion, is there? It'd be nice to have a feature like FCP's Refresh A/V devices in Motion, cause every time I go back and forth between FCP and Motion, Motion will loose the battle for the AJA. So, I have to go into prefs and switch between 10 bit and 8 bit in Motion to get my external monitor to show me Motion again. Kind of a pain. The only time this doesn't crop up, is if I go to a different program between FCP and Motion, which is a pain as well.

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Video refresh?
on May 19, 2006 at 7:17:04 pm

Have you got the external video button customised on your canvas window?

Click that on & off

Peter

Free Motion Templates

http://www.peterwiggins.com

Return to posts index

Winston Cely
on May 19, 2006 at 9:41:43 pm

Brilliant!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Winston Cely
on May 30, 2006 at 11:32:26 pm

I've since added the external on/off button to my canvas window, but it's not resolved my problem. If I switch back and forth between FCP5.0.4 and Motion2.0 Motion (sometimes, almost all the time) will loose connection with the monitor. I added the o/off button, in hopes that if I turned the external monitor off and then back on, it would help, but it dosen't. I have to switch between RGB 8 bit and RGB 10 bit. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I use a AJA Io. Maybe it's a driver conflict? I've been back to AJA's website and haven't noticed any new drivers for someone not on an Intel Mac.....

Return to posts index

Burt Brown
Re: Video refresh? No external video for Motion 2.0
on Jun 4, 2006 at 1:58:25 am

Winston and all:

I seem to be having the same problem with Motion 2.0 and I'm going from Quad Mac directly by firewire to Panasonic DVCPRO deck then into 15 inch broadcast monitor. I do have a Decklink card installed, but that is not being used, nor is it hookd up to anything extrenal at the moment.

I have tried external monitor button and the menu external video switching, but have yet to see anything at all on the monitor. No problem with Final Cut Pro, it's fine on the outboard broadcast monitor - however, with Soundtrack Pro I was able to get it to output video to external mon., but haven't lately. I see there is a Motion 2.1, anyone know if there are bug fixes for these problems or am I/we just doing something wrong? Yeah, I know, probably the latter. :)

Burt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]