FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Blend Modes???

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Pitt
Missing Blend Modes???
on May 19, 2006 at 2:49:25 pm

How come I can't seem to find an effect similar to the "Travel Matte - Luma" in FCP?

I have a full screen graphic on my top layer, and I have a matte on the layer underneath it. I need some kind of effect/filter/Matte that will allow me to mask the graphic by using the matte. any help?

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: Missing Blend Modes???
on May 19, 2006 at 5:09:29 pm

Heya,

You'll want to use an Image Mask, which is more powerful and flexible than a blend mode. You apply an Image Mask to an object and then tell the mask to refer to any other object as the source for the mask. By default, it will use the alpha channel (matte) of the reference image, though you can use any color channel as well.

To get to it, select the object you want to mask and then go to Object->Add Image Mask or press Cmd+Shft+M. Then you just drag-and-drop the reference object into the Image Mask object in the Layers List or the Inspector. If you select the Image Mask and view the Mask tab in the Inspector, you will have some controls over how the mask is applied, like inverting, scaling or offsetting it. The Image Mask will also blend with any hand-drawn shape masks.

Good luck with your project!

Return to posts index

Brian Pitt
Re: Missing Blend Modes???
on May 19, 2006 at 7:09:11 pm

thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]