FORUMS: list search recent posts

how do I make one element follow another

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andydandy
how do I make one element follow another
on May 18, 2006 at 11:23:16 pm

How do I make on element a video file follow the motion path of another elemet in this case a matte built it photoshop?

I animated the matte using keyframes so what I want to know is how can I copy those keyframes from one element to another...

thanks in advance

-AnDy (FCP 5 n00b)

2.0GHz Dual-core G5
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GF 6600 256

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: how do I make one element follow another
on May 26, 2006 at 2:27:30 am

Why not build it as a Motion Path behavior and duplicate the behavior?

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

Miss Shell
Re: how do I make one element follow another
on May 30, 2006 at 6:32:55 am

You've been using After Effects haven't you? I came to Motion fairly recently from an AE background, and ran into the same problem. I don't recall a solution being found, aside from

1) copying the properties in the inspector (scale, position etc) from each keyframe and replicating those setting on the object you want to copy the animation too. I recall lots of post-it notes with little numbers written on them.

The best advice I can give you is to

2) keyframe the layer, rather than the object/asset, so that everything within that layer has the same properties (keyframes included)-(this can cause problems when the layer size doesn't match the asset size you are working on). You can then duplicate the layer and change the content inside it if you wanted, say, the movement but not the opacity keyframes from one layer on your new asset.

I hope that makes sense, I should leave tutorials to the experts, and I am renowned for doing everything the hard way, so if anyone can correct me, please do!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]