FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator files in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lapotnik
Illustrator files in Motion
on May 17, 2006 at 1:13:35 pm

Is there any way in Motion to set (like in AE) "constant rasterizing" for illustrator files? I am resizing some files in Motion and illustrator graphics edges getting all gagged and blur. In AE I would hit "sun" shaped button and it fixes the problem. I couldn't find anything comparable in Motion.
And another oddity. If you apply "spin" behavior to the big illustrator file the WHOLE composition will jitter horizontally. The only workaround is to get the illustrator manipulation in AE.
Bummer. I just took a three-day class in Motion and thought I could build the simple 10 sec commercial in Motion alone. It seems like a very cool app for small projects. Got a number of limitations or it just me.
Thanks

Return to posts index

slk3rd
Re: Illustrator files in Motion
on May 17, 2006 at 8:45:05 pm

Lapotnik

You should save the Illustrator File as a PDF. . . Import it into Motion, Highlight the MEDIA tab in your project window. Highlight the pdf file, go over to the MEDIA tab of the Inspector and UNCHECK the fixed resolution box. That should get rid of your jagged edges.

try that.

slk3rd

Return to posts index

lapotnik
Re: Illustrator files in Motion
on May 18, 2006 at 3:39:48 pm

Thanks a lot. It worked like a charm. Edges are crisp now. Appears there is no need to resave illustrator files as PDFs. When I've looked at the media list in my project all illustrator files have been named or converted to PDFs on the Motion export, so all I needed was to uncheck "fixed resolution" box.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]