FORUMS: list search recent posts

New MacBook

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Wiggins
New MacBook
on May 16, 2006 at 12:57:27 pm

As the new MacBooks have been announced, shall we have a bet to see how long it will take for somebody to genuinely post a question saying

"Will Motion run on a new MacBook"

My guess is 2 days.

Actually looking at the specs it has :-

"Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory"

Is this the same as the Mac Mini?

Free Motion Templates

Return to posts index

Chris Figat
Re: New MacBook
on May 16, 2006 at 7:25:19 pm

Sure is Peter, i was thinking it would be rather similar to the Intel Mini as my old iBook is identical inside to the original Mini. and i want one :-)

that being said, anyone run the UBs of Motion/Final Cut on an Intel Mini? I'm curious what the performance is like and would be like on the MacBook.

i'm not random i'm tangent oriented...

Return to posts index

on May 21, 2006 at 3:03:17 am

Here's the official answer!

Return to posts index

Gary Taylor
on May 25, 2006 at 11:36:23 pm

There was a good review of the Macbook with Final Cut Studio on another site that we aren't able to link. They were really impressed with it and said that except for its weak Motion performance it almost as fast as the Macbook Pro. The numbers looked so good that it makes it obvious that Apple is playing for keeps.

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on May 26, 2006 at 2:22:36 am

I expect that more and more pro apps will utilize the GPU for image processing and the MBPro will be a better purchase for content creators, especially in the long run.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved