FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframe misery

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Nelson
Keyframe misery
on May 15, 2006 at 11:51:52 pm

I admit I'm very new to the program but working with the keyframes in this and then in ae seem to be miles apart in terms of user friendliness, IF I'm using it correctly.
1. I set my first keyframe (dropdown>add keyframe>show in viewer>etc.),
2. Move some stuff around (dropdown>add>yadda, yadda).

Is that the best way to do stuff or am I making this a painfully slow process compared to ae?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Keyframe misery
on May 16, 2006 at 1:11:38 am

Why not use behaviours- much simpler to alter than keyframes for most tasks.

Noah

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on May 16, 2006 at 3:50:39 am

Behaviors are a great way to animate if you don't need frame-accurate synchronization. You can always convert a behavior to keyframes to give it better synchronization.

If you want to work in keyframes, you can turn on the AutoRecord button (the red button at the bottom left of the Canvas controls) which will automatically add keyframes as you change properties on different frames. If you double-click the button you can get to the settings and have it add keyframes only to properties that already have keyframes--this is a safer way to automatically keyframe properties.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

John Nelson
on May 16, 2006 at 12:39:21 pm

Again, many thanks for your replies. Hadn't really worked with, or tried using behaviors rather than keyframes. Still have miles to go before I sleep, or put to bed this thing called Motion. Great tool, as is the entire FCS suite. Now all I need is a great deal on a DVX 100...

I'll give your suggestions a try.

Thanks again!
John

Roswell+1947+Cute little Greenies=Big $$$

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]