FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layers Shifting With Fixed Resolution Checked

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Murray
Layers Shifting With Fixed Resolution Checked
on May 8, 2006 at 2:44:49 pm

While adding tracking masks in Motion (reflection layers in a car beauty shot), the layers jump erattically on the horizontal axis making registration impossible. This project is a 30 sec. spot with some rain composites, defocus filters and other light fx comps. I checked fixed resolution for all layers and the problem persisted. I then took the radical step of erasing my hard drive, reinstallling 10.4.6, reinstalling and upgrading all the Pro Apps. The problem still persists. I also noticed a luminance bump in an outgoing shot while doing a cross dissolve. The tracking problem occurs on my G5 DP. It does not occur on my G5 Quad. The luminance bump occurs on both machines.

Apple needs to get serious about Motion and address these issues. Either that or market this as a semi-pro app, designed for light titling and graphics.

Any other suggestions for a fix would be highly appreciated before I migrate the project into AE 7.

(I also posted this on the Apple Discussions Motion forum and will post any solutions from that site)

Joe Murray
DGA Dir./IA600 DP

Return to posts index

Chris Figat
Re: Layers Shifting With Fixed Resolution Checked
on May 9, 2006 at 2:21:03 pm

To be honest I never have thought of Motion as a pro compositing app...good for some graphic/text animation and particle work, but final comps are done with Motion sequences in AE or shake...or do others have a different opinion?

i'm not random i'm tangent oriented...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved