FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hotkeys in Motion not working

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Figat
Hotkeys in Motion not working
on May 3, 2006 at 2:06:34 pm

Hey guys, i've been playing with the Motion 2 demo and picked up the Apple Pro Training Guide this weekend, really loving the program.

I've been trying to find a copy to purchase and it so happens friend of mine had both a copy of Motion 1 and Final Cut 4 from a previous employer. he's going to upgrade Final Cut 4 to Final Cut Studio and doesnt need Motion so he gave it to me (yay me).

I uninstalled the demo of Motion 2 and installed the full version of Motion 1, but now for some reason none of my hotkeys are working. I'm trying to using F7 for the dashboard, F1-F4 for the inspector, etc., and none of them do anything. any ideas? I'm running the latest version of 10.4 on an iMac G5. thanks.

chris

i'm not random i'm tangent oriented...

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: Hotkeys in Motion not working
on May 3, 2006 at 10:33:01 pm

In your system preferences make sure that Expose and Dashboard (or other utilities) have not hijacked the F keys.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

Chris Figat
Re: Hotkeys in Motion not working
on May 4, 2006 at 1:30:06 am

Very close Jim, figured it out.

i had xkeys installed to open a few other programs via shortcuts with my function keys. even though Motion 2 wasn't bothered by it at all and worked perfectly for some reason Motion 1 has an issue with it. deleted all my prefs for xkeys and they all work great now, yay.

thanks for the tip, i'm back to Motion-ing :-)

i'm not random i'm tangent oriented...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]