FORUMS: list search recent posts

Happy Accident!

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Monahan
Happy Accident!
on May 2, 2006 at 7:32:24 pm

I just got a wild effect by accident. If you read below, I had a corrupt project. It was revived from the dead when I reinstalled all the apps on a fresh OS.

There was one original graphic file that I renamed to something like "helicopter" from its original name. Motion automatically found the root folder, but did not see a graphic called "helicopter". So instead of playing "helicopter", Motion plays back 1 frame of every graphic in that folder (93 images). Since I already had a replicator and a coupla behaviors going on, I made a very cool effect where multiple images fly by in an instant.

Just seeing how to redesign this effect from scratch. It appears to be based how the file is named in the Media Tab. The former graphic now is labled as an image sequence.

Wonder why certain images are cut off though....any ideas?

Kevin Monahan

Take My FCP Master's Workshop!

fcpworld.com

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: Happy Accident!
on May 3, 2006 at 10:34:20 pm

Kev,

Do you mean cut off in terms of pixels (like a crop) or that only one frame is coming in from a clip?

Good to see you again at NAB.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Happy Accident!
on May 10, 2006 at 7:42:30 pm

Yeah. It was as if the images were on a raster that was too small. It's OK though. I rebuilt it and came up with a super technique involving the replicator and image sequences. It's going on my reel before someone steals the idea. ;-)

Kevin Monahan

Take My FCP Master's Workshop!

fcpworld.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]