FORUMS: list search recent posts

is apple motion the right software for me?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ivanuschka
is apple motion the right software for me?
on Apr 20, 2006 at 2:17:02 pm

hello,
I'm new to this forum and to the world of motion, too.
I've a question concerning the things I wanna do with this software. I've in mind creating multimedia-slide shows, including effects, videosequences, sound and text but not for creating a dvd file, but rather by using LCD projectors and actually controlling my presentation from my power mac or ibook with the possibility to go manually from one sequence to another. more or less what power point or other presentation software does, only with more options and better quality. is that possible with motion or do I've to go for sth. different?

thanks so much!

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
Erik Lindahl
Re: is apple motion the right software for me?
on Apr 20, 2006 at 6:51:22 pm

Motion can do alot for a presentation in terms of animation, but it isn't really a presentation tool. A combo of motion and keynote can do you some really cool things.

If you're going portable I'd opt for the MacBook Pro.

Return to posts index

cowcow
ivanuschka
Re: is apple motion the right software for me?
on Apr 21, 2006 at 10:59:26 am

Thank you very much, Erik!
Sounds like a good combination, but after playing around with Keynote last night, I'm a bit worried about its 'audio-abilities' and usable file formats. It's possible to use one audio track only without being able to really synchronize it with your image sequence. Of course, I see the possibility of using sequences created in 'Motion', but I wonder if the presentation-image quality will be really good, as Keynote accepts QuickTime format only, if I'm not mistaken. And as I don't have any idea about the QuickTime quality of 'Motion' created files, maybe you can give me some more information about it, as I don't wanna go for the wrong solution!

Thank you!
Andre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]