FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project and Timing Panes do not appear - New Install - PB G4

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MJ Vipond
Project and Timing Panes do not appear - New Install - PB G4
on Apr 2, 2006 at 9:44:21 pm

I have a new install of FCStudio. I'm going through the tutorials. In Motion2, the Project Pane and the Timing Panes do not open. I can't find a menu item that will do so. Opening templates does not open them either. I can preview templates.

This is a new install on a 1.67 ghz PB g4 w. 1.5 gigs RAM. I am using an external monitor, and an external USB HD. I've trashed the preference file w/o results. I've reinstall Motion2 one time w/o results

Any suggestions?

Martin Vipond
--------------------------------
Creativity comes from motion . . .
. . . So Don't Sit Still!

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Project and Timing Panes do not appear - New Install - PB G4
on Apr 2, 2006 at 10:16:51 pm

Apple 5, Apple 6, Apple 7?

Peter

Free Motion Templates

http://www.peterwiggins.com

Return to posts index

MJ Vipond
Re: Project and Timing Panes do not appear - New Install - PB G4 - Problem Solved
on Apr 3, 2006 at 1:28:48 am

Thanks for the quick response. "Apple 5, Apple 6, Apple 7?" I'm not sure what you're asking for. I'm using OSX Tiger. Motion2. Feel free to school me.

Anyway, I remembered that I had tried a demo of Motion some months back. I'm a relative newbie to the Mac, but in the Windows world old DLL files can cause similar goofy software maladies. So I searched for updated support files. I found a thread on the Apple site regarding an updated file - ProApRuntime.pkg. That took care of the trouble.

There was another symptom that I glossed over. The Open Template button had been mis-formed. After I installed the updated ProApRuntime package I noted that the button was now okay. Once I saw that I knew I had the answer.

Thanks for your response. I'm afraid I made the classic noob blunder. I should have searched for updates before posting. Hopefully, others will see the thread and find the answer too!

mjv

BTW, I love this platform and the FC Studio package. I'm having a ball...

Martin Vipond

Return to posts index

Arniepix
Re: Project and Timing Panes do not appear - New Install - PB G4 - Problem Solved
on Apr 3, 2006 at 3:25:15 pm

Either those are the call signs of his fellow squadron members, or those are the keyboard commands to open up those windows. Press Apple-5, aka Command-5, etc.

Arnie

http://www.arniepix.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 3, 2006 at 4:48:34 pm

Hmm- I have the exact same issue on my PB. No matter what I try- apple5-7, trash prefs, etc, I get no timeline, canvas, etc.

Noah

Return to posts index

MJ Vipond
on Apr 3, 2006 at 6:35:38 pm

Hi Noah,

I fixed my trouble by replacing ProApRuntime.pkg on my system. It all works fine now. FYI:One of the symptoms was a mis-formed 'Open Template' button in the template browser.

The file can be found at http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/proapplicationsupport31macosx104.htm...

Hope that helps!

mjv

Martin Vipond

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 3, 2006 at 8:44:47 pm

Wow- thanks Martin! That worked great for me too and fixed Soundtrack Pro too- yeah!

-Noah

Return to posts index

MJ Vipond
on Apr 3, 2006 at 5:56:53 pm

Thanks, I have been schooled :0

What is it about switching platforms that causes otherwised experienced users to revert to blathering idiots?

Thanks for the lesson and being gracious about it (no RTFMs). I'm lurching up the ladder now. I'm sure I'll need some more hand-holding as i go along. But I haven't had this much fun in a long time. I started with tape to tape w/ uMatics, went to digital with Fast Video Machine then on to Liquid. FCP and Motion have me motivated once again. Can't wait to see what's next.

mjv

Martin Vipond

Return to posts index

lcdavid
Re: Project and Timing Panes do not appear - New Install - PB G4
on Apr 5, 2006 at 1:57:17 pm

F5 and F6 are what you want, not apple.

Return to posts index