FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for tutorial on creating relatively simply end credits in Motion 2

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin
Looking for tutorial on creating relatively simply end credits in Motion 2
on Apr 2, 2006 at 12:57:29 pm

I have been doing simple credits in FCP and so far it's been fine. Only recently how ever I have had to add graphics etc and FCP just isn't cutting it.

It is relatively simple in that it's just text (gutter in the middle between Role and Names)followed by credit and then more text...

I've never used motion though and so was hoping someone had a good link..

thx.

Justin

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Looking for tutorial on creating relatively simply end credits in Motion 2
on Apr 2, 2006 at 1:37:54 pm

This is quite easy to do,

Create a layer for the Role list and tap all of those in ranged (alignment) right to the RHS edge of that layer, do the same for the Names but range on the left hand side of another layer.

Combine these two layers into one new layer, move the x coordinates of the individual layers to get the gutter then animate the Y on the main layer for the roll.

Or, on one single layer draw a tall thin rectangle in the middle to be your gutter, range the text left and right of this and then toggle off the rectangles' visibility

Easy!

You never know I might even make a template!

Peter

Free Motion Templates

http://www.peterwiggins.com

Return to posts index

Justin
on Apr 2, 2006 at 1:44:52 pm

Thx Peter,

sounds easy enough - never tried motion because I read somewhere that it was actually hard to do in motion...

Glad I don't have to go down the path of Photoshop file rolled in FCP..

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Apr 2, 2006 at 1:49:25 pm

You could always export a PDF out of Illustrator and do it that way.

You will probably need to adjust the scroll speed to get a smooth roll without 'splitting' any pixels frame to frame and you probably need to run with field rendering on.

Peter

Free Motion Templates

http://www.peterwiggins.com

Return to posts index

SeanRL
on Apr 3, 2006 at 2:54:11 am

There's an easier way to do this in Motion which is equivalent to using an '*' between role and name in FCP and scrolling to create a gutter.

If I find it online again, I'll post it here.

S

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Apr 12, 2006 at 9:00:54 am

I did some ending credits last fall and tried both the good old photoshop PSD > After Effects or Motion and actually typing the text in AE/Motion. Renderingspeeds wore about 10X faster with PSD > AE than anything else.

Motions doesn't handle large files very well - they seem to choke to GPU or something. Also, writing text IN the apps makes them have to rasterize everything, every frame. Takes alot of CPU/GPU for that.

But someone might have a magic way of doing it?

Return to posts index

Steve Cornell
on Dec 17, 2010 at 6:49:53 pm

Hi Peter,

I use motion to make my scrolling ending credits and then export the motion file as a quicktime movie. In FCP and on the finished DVD's, the credits stutter/shake. I also noticed they do this when not scrolling. I've noticed this among quite a few hollywood films as well. However, some hollywood films don't have this issue and the credits will scroll very smoothly.

Any ideas ?

In motion, I create a left and right side. Text Behavior-> scroll text. Export as quicktime movie. Since motion can't playback my project real-time its difficult to figure out where the problem is happening.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]