FORUMS: list search recent posts

fixing text in one place whilst camera pans away

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Owers
fixing text in one place whilst camera pans away
on Apr 1, 2006 at 7:55:37 am

I'm filming a bedroom in a holiday flat with a bed in it. The bed is going from bottom left to top right of screen.
I want to overlay the title bedroom one onto the bed and it STAY there whilst camera pans eleswhere in the room.
I've managed to get a believable degree of 2d/ 3d effect of the text on the bed - but have no idea how to FIX the text over the bed.
My only thought are to animate it along a path at the same speed as the camera in moving away - but..............

any other ideas!

thanks

Richard

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: fixing text in one place whilst camera pans away
on Apr 3, 2006 at 6:01:50 pm

Hey Richard,

You can certainly hand-animate the text to lock down its position in the scene, but it can be tedious (but often the best, too). What you are likely looking for is a motion-tracking tool that you can use to matchmove the text into the scene. Motion doesn't have such a tool, but Shake and Adobe After Effects do. If you would like to keep your project in Motion, you can do the tracking in one of those apps and export the position data to Motion.

I have a couple of scripts (one for AE and one for Shake) that you can find here: http://www.motionsmarts.com/downloads.html

If you don't own AE or Shake, you can download the trial versions and use them to do the tracking, then export the data to Motion.

Good luck with your project!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]