FORUMS: list search recent posts

Commerical Templates for Motion 2?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
skip hunt
Commerical Templates for Motion 2?
on Mar 30, 2006 at 5:55:34 pm

Hi,

I know vfx has 3 DVD collections of Motion 2 templates you can edit (like the templates Apple ships with Motion 2), but they're HD. I know I can edit them to work, but does anyone know of another company selling SD templates for Motion?

thx,

Skip Hunt

Skip Hunt ~ Austin, Texas

My website is at poppinfreshmedia.com

Visit my new Mexican Motorcycle Blog.

Visit my new Audio Video Blog.

Visit my new MOLESKINE Blog.

Visit my new Personal Blog.

Visit my new Fab Photo Blog.

Visit my new Loft Blog.

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Commerical Templates for Motion 2?
on Mar 30, 2006 at 11:25:52 pm

What are you looking for in a template design?

Peter

Free Motion Templates

http://www.peterwiggins.com

Return to posts index

skip hunt
on Mar 31, 2006 at 12:04:23 am

this will sound lame... but it would be nice if when in a pinch for time, or creatively stumped... I could just go to some ready-made templates I could use for :30 or :15 spots. Or, sometimes I figure out how to do certain kinds of animations, etc. from the templates... or, I can just peruse them for ideas. The VFX templates are nice, as are the Apple ones... but it would be nice to have a larger selection and preferably in SD (since the VFX ones are in HD only)

Return to posts index

James Hargreaves
on Nov 12, 2006 at 9:45:58 pm

Most of the VFX templates are little more than Jumpbacks. I have yet to find any commercially available templates that compare to the ones that come with Motion2. The only thing wrong with those is that there are so few of them. You very quickly burn through the repertoire and you are soon left having to come up with something new.

Which is OK but when you are up against commercial timescales (ie it usually has to be done by yesterday) it's not always possible to sit down and create.

I would be more than happy to pay good money for good templates that do my work for me. And that is to come up with imaginative ways of making still or moving images transition onto the screen, dance around the screen and then transition off.

Give me 1-2 minutes where all I have to do is drop my boring corporate footage into the placeholders, a reasonable spattering of garnish for good measure et voila - you got me sold.

You take my money, I take the glory and everybody's happy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]