FORUMS: list search recent posts

Travelling Line

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anna  Panetta
Travelling Line
on Mar 27, 2006 at 1:56:30 am

Hi There,
I have received some information on what I need, but typically, I can't locate it when I need to. I was wondering if anyone knows how this is done. I am doing a DVD for a client using FCP5. The client migrated from Italy to Australia by boat, and ideally, what I would like to do is have a map of italy, with an arrow travelling from Italy to Australia. I hope this is making sense. Hope someone can help me.

Cheers
Anna

Return to posts index

pol
Re: Travelling Line
by
on Mar 27, 2006 at 11:07:41 am

With motion 1 you can use a particle emmiter. Set speed to zero and make a motion path, use a circle as particle.
In motion 2 you can use the replicator also.

Return to posts index

SeanRL
on Mar 27, 2006 at 5:25:35 pm

Another technique:

Depending on the line, one can mask it with an appropriate shape and then animate the mask to reveal the line.
A tip: drop the opacity of the mask while keyframing it so you can see the line under it as you work.
You can also rotate the mask so the end of the line stays 'square'.

Personally, I think the motion path and a small circle previously mentioned is the best approach and can handle any line shape.

Return to posts index

Chris Cleaver
on Mar 29, 2006 at 12:54:49 am

This is from I believe "specialcase's" web site on Motion called Motion Smarts (great web site by the way). I think this is what you are looking to do(?).

http://www.motionsmarts.com/tutorials/drawinglines/drawinglines1.html

HTH,

Chris

Return to posts index

anna  Panetta
on Mar 29, 2006 at 10:17:59 am

thanks for your help. It's exactly what I was looking for. You were right, it is a good web site!

cheers
anna

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]