FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie Question/Apple pro training series

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Striperfly
Newbie Question/Apple pro training series
on Mar 14, 2006 at 1:57:32 pm

Hi All,
I am trying to teach myself Motion using the book Getting Started With Motion. I am only on lesson 3, but here is what's happening: There are two rows of photographs that I am trying to have scroll across the screen. There are two background elements that are in motions as well. Whenever I set the playhead in motion, the photos dissappear. They don't move, just become invisible. Thier selection boxes are still there, but the photos won't come back unless I quit the program and come back to a saved version. I'm pretty sure I'm doing the steps right for the throw, but I can't make it work. I don't know the program well enough (obviously) to know if there's something up with the program and/or settings, or if just this simple task is already maxing out my system. I've got a g4 powerbook, 1.67 ghz, 512 ram- I know I'm totally undergunned for anything too complex, but this seems fairly simple.
Any suggestions out there?
Many thanks,
Tom

Return to posts index

Striperfly
Re: Newbie Question/Apple pro training series
on Mar 14, 2006 at 2:43:48 pm

oh yeah, and an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics card

Return to posts index

Bill McGuire
Re: Newbie Question/Apple pro training series
on Mar 15, 2006 at 5:49:06 pm

You might try highlighting your image (selecting it) and look in the timeline to see if your playhead falls within the images "in and out" times. Also, check your project pane to see if any fade or opacity behaviors have been added. Also, change the view to 50% and see if your motion lines have put your images off the canvas at your selected time...
any of these could cause your problem

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]