FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing global keyframe speeds

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill McGuire
Changing global keyframe speeds
on Mar 9, 2006 at 11:18:49 pm

I have 10 images on a layer that I have keyframed in four corner movements over a 15 second period, and now need to change about half of them to about 10 seconds. I've highlighted the ones I need to change, but have experimented to compact them (without clipping them) and am at a loss.
Does anyone know of a way to do this without saving as a QT and reimporting?. I want to save the behaviors and keyframes at the accelerated speed.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Changing global keyframe speeds
on Mar 10, 2006 at 6:19:00 am

In the timeline, turn on keyframes (little purple button bottom left) and slide them over. Trim the behaviors.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Editor/Producer
Apple-certified instructor, FCP, DVDSP and Motion
Author, Motion Visual Quickstart Guide from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Bill McGuire
on Mar 10, 2006 at 6:03:01 pm

Thanks Mark, but I've already tried that, but I still must be doing something wrong.
When the keyframes are showing (diamonds are visible) with the object above them, and I select all the keyframes in a group and slide them, they still keep the same length. They are just moved to a different position. If I select one key, it just moves the one key. I still haven't been able to condense the in/time out points to shorten the time period of the entire series of keys. All I have been able to do is either move the entire series or clip off the end ones.

Return to posts index

Greg Niles
on Mar 10, 2006 at 6:10:40 pm

Motion has a cool trick to compressing groups of keyframes in time - if you hold Option while dragging the last keyframe in the timeline (no need to select them all), it will compress or expand all keyframes in time as you drag left or right.

-- Greg

Return to posts index

Bill McGuire
on Mar 11, 2006 at 5:11:06 am

Thanks Greg... Worked great!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]