FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP nested clip when import from Motion.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JJules
FCP nested clip when import from Motion.
on Mar 9, 2006 at 7:58:38 pm

I presently work with multiple images in one screen using Motion. Looks fine but when i go back into my FCP project and import my Mtn project, my timeline becomes nested. Therefore i wont be able to redegitize in high res, for on-line. FCP ask me for a clip with extention mtn not for my source tapes. I tried to export my mtn project into my FCP project many dif ways, still same problem... Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

lcdavid
Re: FCP nested clip when import from Motion.
on Mar 9, 2006 at 8:32:33 pm

One way to work when exporting clips to motion to avoid the offline problem is to copy the source clips in FCP on top of themselves(nested or not) and send the copy, which is on a higher video level, not the original clip, to motion and go ahead and keep the embed box checked. This way, if you redigitize the timeline, you have the source clips there and they will be digitized for motion to then see them. You can also disable the source clip in case you have any conflicts with crops or alphas or anything else that would make your original unaffected clip visible. There are probably a few ways to deal with this problem - this is just one that I have found to be pretty efficient and simple.

Return to posts index

JJules
Re: FCP nested clip when import from Motion.
on Mar 10, 2006 at 3:44:12 pm

Thank you very much. It worked.
Julie.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]