FORUMS: list search recent posts

X Y Coordinate problem

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill McGuire
X Y Coordinate problem
on Feb 28, 2006 at 5:33:52 am

I've noticed the inspectors coordinate system is not based upon the canvas, but apparently on the object. When I resize or move an image, lets say, the right top and botton x y coordinates will be one reading, but if I slide an image into that side, the left top and bottom coordinates of the abutted image will be entirely different.
If, on the other hand, I turn on the coordinate visual on the top of the canvas, the readings will apparently be from the canvas, but I am unable to use them as I drag an image corner around. I have to continually let up on the dragging and then put my pointer over the spot I believe to be correct, and then adjust it a few times to get the correct coordinate.
Is there a way to possibly have the inspector coordinates match the canvas, or to have the canvas coordinates react to my dragging? It is probably a simple task that I have not yet discovered.
BTW: using Motion 2
thanks much

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: X Y Coordinate problem
on Mar 2, 2006 at 1:48:01 am

X Y coordinates in which property/parameter specifically? Position or anchor point?

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

Bill McGuire
Re: X Y Coordinate problem
on Mar 2, 2006 at 6:35:36 pm

Yes, I am doing some corner pinning on layers. There must be a reason for not having the positions display canvas viewing coordinates... or a way to figure out the corresponding points on multiple layers, but I haven't found the info in the PDF Manual.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]