FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Path - ziiIIp! - SCREECH and crawl... crawl... - ziiIIp!

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GPHoward
Motion Path - ziiIIp! - SCREECH and crawl... crawl... - ziiIIp!
on Feb 17, 2006 at 1:15:38 am

Hey, I'm trying to get text to fly in, about mid-screen, to crawl sideways there for a moment, and to zip out on the opposite side of the screen. Straight forward, right?

I've set a motion path behavior on the text, and have got it screaming right to the spot I want it, then the crawl behavior kicks in, and it glides, like a momentary moonwalk. Nice. The difficulty comes when I try to set a second motion path behavior to the text, and to continue it's journey off screen. It just does wild things to itself, and to the other motion path behavior. The text becomes unpredictable, often wanting to fly right back to it's offscreen source!

In case it matters somehow, I've also got the motion path speed set to accelerate.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Motion Path - ziiIIp! - SCREECH and crawl... crawl... - ziiIIp!
on Feb 17, 2006 at 10:00:38 am

I've made exactly what you are trying to do, but in a different way.

Add a fast throw behavior but end the length of it on the timeline where you want the object to change speed.

Then add another slower throw behavior starting the frame after the last one had finished
Yeup, you guessed, where you want the object to zip off, end the previous behavior and apply a newer faster one.

So on inspecting the timeline, the behaviors on the object should stack up graphically like stairs

Doing it this way means you can also alter the parameters should you have a larger name or logo to get into title safe long enough so it can be read.

Peter

Free Motion Templates

http://www.peterwiggins.com

Return to posts index

GPHoward
on Feb 17, 2006 at 4:17:05 pm

Thanks for the tip. I may be doing it wrong, but I can't get it to do what it needs to with the throw behavior. It has to get center frame, from off screen, in about 5-6 frames. I've stoked the throw all the way, but it's like throwing a packing peanut with all your might. It only bumps a couple inches forward in the six frames.

What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Feb 17, 2006 at 4:50:22 pm

if you go to the inspector, you can enter a larger amount than the arrow will let you.

Peter

Free Motion Templates

http://www.peterwiggins.com

Return to posts index

GPHoward
on Feb 17, 2006 at 5:01:19 pm

Got it - thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]