Motion 2 Audio Problem with HDV

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hubert.K
Motion 2 Audio Problem with HDV
on Feb 14, 2006 at 5:20:04 pm

Audio Problem with HDV
I Having problem with audio sync when i exporting from motion video

I am having problem's with audio sync when exporting video from motion.

I am using a Sony FX1 HDV and presets in motion for HDV . The audio and video are not syncing, and it is changing variably. Sometimes the audio is ahead, sometimes it's behind. I have tried changing bit rates and codecs, nothing seems to help.

Anywone ever have same problem ?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Motion 2 Audio Problem with HDV
on Feb 14, 2006 at 6:23:33 pm

What system are you on? Motion plus HDV plus synced HDV audio requires top end processor power and gobs of RAM.

Noah

Return to posts index

Hubert.K
on Feb 14, 2006 at 7:12:19 pm

Thank You Noah

I try this on 2 different machines one Dual 2.5 with 2 GB Ram and Power Book G4 with 2 GB of RAM

I understand limitation of playing video and audio from the timeline but exported files should be play fine i not having problems playing HDV in QT player when i use source material

Thank You
Hubert.K

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 14, 2006 at 7:42:07 pm

The thing is QT player is just playing back, Motion is doing a huge amount of heavy lifting, processing and compositing and it depends on your graphics card, processor and ram far more than the QT player. In Motion audio sync is given a very low priority because it is a compositor not an NLE. So you may be better served by adjusting your workflow to not need audio sync while in Motion or use another codec that is less processor intensive for working- such as the Animation or DV codecs and then render out to HDV when the project is complete.

Noah

Return to posts index

Hubert.K
on Feb 14, 2006 at 8:08:09 pm

The problem is occurring after I render, not just in motion.

It seems that in motion, there are a couple of extra seconds of audio at the front end. If I unlink the audio from the video, then shift the audio to the right a couple of seconds, everything syncs up.

What could be happening here?

Thank You

Return to posts index

Hubert.K
on Feb 14, 2006 at 8:08:10 pm

The problem is occurring after I render, not just in motion.

It seems that in motion, there are a couple of extra seconds of audio at the front end. If I unlink the audio from the video, then shift the audio to the right a couple of seconds, everything syncs up.

What could be happening here?

Thank You

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 14, 2006 at 8:59:49 pm

Hmm- are you monitoring from the computer speakers or the camera? That could effect the apparent sync or lack thereof.

-Noah

Return to posts index

Hubert.k
on Feb 15, 2006 at 4:31:04 am

I monitoring from computer spekers.

I will try to reinstal motion maybe this will help

Thank You Very much Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]