FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving Keyframe set for unusual need

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David
Saving Keyframe set for unusual need
on Feb 10, 2006 at 3:25:21 am

I love Motion's keyframe capabiliy for a particular graphic animation I'm working on, but I'm stymied by th 2K limitation.
Is there a way to save a keyframe set in motion but APPLY it in FCP where there is not the 2K limitation? BTW, my graphic is about 16000 x 10000. Sort of a unique project obviously.

Thanks for any advice
David

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: Saving Keyframe set for unusual need
on Feb 10, 2006 at 6:35:25 am

Heya David,

Motion is limited by the maximum texture size of your graphics card (GPU). ATI cards and some of the oldest Nvidia cards are limited to 2K (2048x2048), but recent NVidia cards (last two generations) can go to 4K (4096x4096).

Even if you're in FCP, FCP is calling Motion's render engine to process your project, so you're limited to what your GPU can do.

Return to posts index

david
on Feb 10, 2006 at 1:26:48 pm

Hi Special Case,

Thanks for the reply. That leaves me a bit puzzled because . . .

I can render out this 16000 x 10000 pixel wide image in FCP and achieve exactly the look I'm trying to get (not surprisingly, its just a very simple, very long pull from a single image) and it renders correctly) However, I'm alittle limited by the keyframe interpolation in FCP. In Motion, I get the keyframe interpolation I want but it all renders as blurry. Perhaps there is another reason it renders as all soft? (The move is a scale change from about 4% to 100% on the enormous image)

David

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Feb 10, 2006 at 9:30:09 pm

Hey David,

What is your project's Antialiasing Method set to? You can check it by pressing Cmd+J and go to the Render Settings tab.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]