FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 2 on an Avid Unity?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mschirad
Motion 2 on an Avid Unity?
on Jan 31, 2006 at 7:05:44 pm

Any reason I wouldn't be able to trade QuickTimes between Avid's on a Unity and a Motion 2.0 workstation? Render times have been brutal on our Avid Newscutters lately, and the same effects that I tested at home on Motion took practically no time at all to render. Sooooooo, I'm hoping to do some of the Avid's heavy lifting, but I just want to make sure media transfer will be fine.

Any Unity users out there with a comment?

mschirad

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Motion 2 on an Avid Unity?
on Feb 1, 2006 at 12:57:07 am

Sure- use the proper specs- like frame rate, resolution and compatible codecs- i.e. Animation or uncompressed and you should be ok.

Noah

Return to posts index

mschirad
on Feb 2, 2006 at 7:37:51 pm

Thank you for responding, Noah.

Any reason not to use, say with our Avid Symphony or Media Composer 12.0, the Avid Meridian codecs at 2:1 (which is what we use mostly)? Or the Avid DV codec for our Newscutter XP's? As a test, I created a Motion 2.0 project and rendered out an AvidDV codec Quicktime, which imported into our Newscutter XP and played back fine, except for some subtle gradient banding. I'm assuming that's a limitation of 8-bit color space/DV's 4:1:1 color compression.

FYI, we're likely to get a Unity ISIS, which will hopefully support OSX clients by the time we get around to ordering it.

mschirad

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 2, 2006 at 10:14:44 pm

Don't see why not if they are QuickTime codecs it should be fine. You'll may see better quality with the Animation codec or going uncompressed out of Motion.

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]