FORUMS: list search recent posts

which motion config= better performance

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carey Dissmore
which motion config= better performance
on Jan 31, 2006 at 1:36:43 am

Say I get a Quad G5, 4.5 GB RAM and a 7800GT.

Which of these configs will run Motion with the highest performance:

1. Dual 23 or 24 inch displays
2. Single 30 inch display.

I don't know how these configs would compare in Motion performance, I realize there are some tradeoffs of performance with motion in dual monitor configs but would like a comparison to a single 30.

TIA,
Carey Dissmore

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: which motion config= better performance
on Feb 2, 2006 at 4:25:12 pm

The displays are not an issue.
Focus on the graphics. Buy they biggest baddest you can afford. Suggest you don't ask for a recommendation. There are about 20 cards on the market today that Apple will say work with Motion. Take your pick based on your budget, performance needs, ability to expand, faith in the mfr.

But, by the time you receive the one you ordered, there will be six new cards on the market for Motion.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

George Loch
on Feb 3, 2006 at 10:16:56 pm

I think the issue with the displays is the total number of pixels that is being driven. With that in mind, the 30" (2560 x 1600) should still be taxing the card less than a pair of 23" monitors (1920 x 1200 x 2).

-gl

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on Feb 4, 2006 at 10:03:34 pm

Shouldn't be a problem but I dunno. The current machines ship with a card that can drive two 30" displays easily.

Hi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]