FORUMS: list search recent posts

uncompressed HD workflow question

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alan
uncompressed HD workflow question
by
on Jan 30, 2006 at 1:04:47 pm

My work in FCP is typically 720p uncompressed 59.94 HD. I use the present "HDTV 720p" which I assume is correct, then I import the project into FCP much like I would with LiveType. Everything looks fine but It's very taxing to my system...unlike Live Type. should I be exporting motion projects as Quicktime movies rather than using the actual project on my FCP timeline? However, I do like the convenience of being able to save real-time changes in Motion that are atuomatically carried over into my FCP timeline.

Also, I noticed that the HDTV 720p present that I am using defaults to 29.97. should I change this to 59.94 which is what I am using in FCP? If so, how do I do this? I tried changing this in Project Properties but found no options.

thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: uncompressed HD workflow question
on Jan 30, 2006 at 6:16:01 pm

Definitely- you will get much better performance by exporting to QT rather than importing as a MOTN file. What I do in this case is export any updates to the same QT filename, overwriting it. That way my FCP edit is automatically updated with the newer version without taking the performance hit.

Noah

Return to posts index

alan
by
on Jan 30, 2006 at 8:22:02 pm

Noah, what about the issue of the motion default at 29.97 when my FCP timeline is at 59.94. Is there any issue? Like I said, my current projects appear to look ok, but I'm sure it has something to do with my Kona card down converting to 29.97 and making everything look nice!

Also, while I'm at it, because I'm also working in uncompressed 4:2:2 59.94 HD, do I export my Quicktime motion movie as uncompressed 4:2:2. Sorry to be Mr. Obvious, but I seem to be struggling with proper workflow.

thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jan 30, 2006 at 8:59:35 pm

Use the lossless preset for that. Not sure on the 30 vs 60. That's a question for the folks at Kona.

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]