FORUMS: list search recent posts

archiving motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alan
archiving motion
by
on Jan 30, 2006 at 12:51:17 pm

I've just completed some spots that use a lot of motion elements and I'm about to use media manager in FCP to archive. Is there anything I should be aware of when using media manager in FCP with regards to motion? I typically make a copy of the project, trim the un-used media and save off to a LaCie drive. Will this also copy and archive my motion projects with it? thanks in advance for the advice!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: archiving motion
on Jan 30, 2006 at 6:14:17 pm

That's a good question- hmm not sure if the original media used in the Motion project that's not part of the FCP project will be archived too. Kinda doubt it. I'd make a manual copy of the Motion projects and their media as well to go along with the FCP archive.

Noah

Return to posts index

alan
by
on Jan 30, 2006 at 8:17:19 pm

Thanks Noah. I went ahead and did a test. The original motion project file was duplicated and placed into the media bin generated by FCP. BUT, any media used seperately in the motion project was not duplicated so, apparently, if you don't manually copy and back up the video used in your motion project, you won't have it in the archive. Yet, I fail to believe that this still can't be done automatically somehow? Then again, I'm only running version 1.0.1.

Any other thoughts?

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Jan 30, 2006 at 8:30:37 pm

Try making a template per graphic - that drags the media too.
Then move the files out of the templates folder.

Peter

Free Motion Templates

http://www.peterwiggins.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]