FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will Motion run on new MacBook

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Davis
Will Motion run on new MacBook
on Jan 13, 2006 at 7:14:15 am

I thought about buying Motion awhile back but when I saw I had to update my video card at that time (I've got a Dual 1gig G4) I decided to leave it alone. Now I'm considering the new Mac laptop but I want to make sure what software will run on it. Rather than assume, I thought it better to ask some enlightened person here. Can I be assured that Motion will run on the new laptop video card?

Also, I notice no FW 800. Any other really limiting features in this new laptop that I should consider? What are your thoughts?

Return to posts index

Drizzt_G
Re: Will Motion run on new MacBook
on Jan 13, 2006 at 12:05:53 pm

It will in March I think.

Return to posts index

Drizzt_G
on Jan 13, 2006 at 12:06:33 pm

All the Apple Pro Apps will.

Return to posts index

Richard Davis
on Jan 14, 2006 at 2:48:04 am

Thanks, Drizzt,
Looks like Apple's plotting and strategies to get several thousand more dollars out of me may be successful... again.

Thanks,
Richard

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on Jan 14, 2006 at 4:36:02 am

Pro apps will not currently run on the new Intel-based Macs. Apple has announced that in March they will be shipping the universal binaries (versions that will run on Intel or PPC).

The individual Studio apps will no longer be sold separately and upgrades will be to the entire FC Studio. Prices will be, however, very reasonable.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

Monty Pavement
on Jan 15, 2006 at 4:50:32 pm

Does anyone have any idea whether Motion will run well on the MacBook Pro? Whilst I wouldn't expect comparable performance to a Quad G5 PowerMac (!) I wonder whether Motion will be useable on the new laptops?

OK, I guess we won't really know until they are released, but do the specs look as though Motion 2 will run ok?

And did anyone get to actually play with any of the MacBook Pros at MacWorld? If so, can they comment on the speediness of the new machines?

I've got one on pre-order but don't want to blow a huge ad of cash if they can't run Motion with any degree of usefulness ...

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on Jan 16, 2006 at 5:56:36 pm

The specs on the MacBook Pro look good. Initial test reports using other apps indicate 2x-4x speed increases. We'll have to wait until March to find out how the Pro Apps run on it.

I played with one briefly at MWSF and liked what I saw. Everything was definitely snappier and smoother playing back.

The new magnetic power cable was quite intriguing.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]