FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anna  Panetta
Text in Motion
on Jan 3, 2006 at 11:49:35 pm

Hi There, I'm not sure if this is the right forum or whether I should be in the FCP forum, however, can someone assist me with the following. I have some video footage of my son racing and have captured in into FCP. I've imported it into Motion to add some effects, but what I really want to do is have his name above his head to identify him and have the text stay with him whilst he is running. Is this possible? or more importantly, am I in the right forum? Hope someone can assist me with this.

Cheers
Anna

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: Text in Motion
on Jan 3, 2006 at 11:56:03 pm

The operation is known as Motion Tracking and Motion does NOT include this capability. You can go through the timeline and manually insert keyframes for position but, without After Effects or a more capable effects system, that's your only choice.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Jan 4, 2006 at 2:50:31 am

I normally don't respond like this, but if someone comes asking for help, please try being constructive instead of barking. Please don't take this the wrong way; I understand it's easy for the seasoned pros to be brusque when dealing with basic questions.

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on Jan 4, 2006 at 11:38:34 pm

> I normally don't respond like this, but if someone comes asking for help, please try being constructive instead of barking. Please don't take this the wrong way; I understand it's easy for the seasoned pros to be brusque when dealing with basic questions.<

All I said was she needed After Effects to do Motion Tracking which Motion can NOT [sic] do.

> I have some video footage of my son racing and have captured in into FCP. I've imported it into Motion to add some effects, but what I really want to do is have his name above his head to identify him and have the text stay with him whilst he is running. <

The illuminating words here are "my son racing

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Jan 4, 2006 at 2:41:43 am

Hey Anna,

That would be easy enough to do with a few Position keyframes.

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on Jan 4, 2006 at 2:56:33 am

Anna,

1. Go to the first frame where your son is in the scene. Using the selection tool, move the text identifier where you want it to be.

2. Turn on the auto-record button.

3. Step through the video and move the text identifier when necessary. Continue until the entire clip is done.

4. Play back the clip and check your work. Make changes as necessary

5. When satisfied, turn off the auto-record button.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

anna  Panetta
on Jan 6, 2006 at 12:09:05 am

Thanks so much for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Anna

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]