FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframing and Dissolves Between .movs in Motion 2

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TravisBonfigli
Keyframing and Dissolves Between .movs in Motion 2
on Dec 29, 2005 at 6:49:41 pm

Hello! I am new to Motion2 (and just loving it!) and have been experimenting with using more than one .mov file from the "Content -> Water" folder. Specifically, I have choosen four .movs to make my video segue between the ubiquitous FBI slide and the DVD main menu (Bubbles.mov/Droplet.mov/Droplets.mov/Water Tides 2.mov) but I would like them to dissolve at their respective end into the next .mov file (similar to what you see when you view the Motion2 template provided with Motion2 named "Water" (go figure :-) I searched both here and in the apple.com discussion groups and all I can find in response is to use "keyframing". Well, being new to Motion2 and having thumbed through the book which came with the software as well as the Motion book by Damian Allen (the Apple Pro series) I am totally confused on how to actually achieve my desired outcome. In short, has anyone done this successfully who would be so kind as to share some detailed steps on how it is done? Thanks a million and thanks for this website...it rocks!!!

Cheers,
Travis

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity."

--
Unknown

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Keyframing and Dissolves Between .movs in Motion 2
on Dec 29, 2005 at 8:54:32 pm

Well yes- you would keyframe the opacity property or use the FadeIn/Fade Out behavior. Thumbing through the manual is nice but putting in a few hours and completing the tutorial is the best way to learn the app.

Noah

Return to posts index

TravisBonfigli
on Dec 29, 2005 at 9:19:30 pm

Noah,

Thanks for your reply...I am actually on hour 20 and have been working through the tutorials as fast as I can (which might actually be my issue ;-). To which tutorial are you referring (if it is page 315 in the Motion Apple Pro Series book, I have gone through that, but am not having any luck with my four .movs and that approach). Let me continue to fiddle with it and thanks again for the reply!

Cheers,
Travis

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity."

--
Unknown

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on Dec 30, 2005 at 6:43:42 pm

Travis,

1. Line up the video clips in the timeline so each incoming clip is above the previous clip in the timeline and starts one second (or more) before the previous one ends. The first clip will be the lowest and the last clip the highest in the TL and Layers panes.

2. Add a fade in/fade out behavior to each clip so each fades in for 1 second. Make sure that the behavior lasts the length of the clip it is attached to.

Make sure that the two clips overlap by the duration of the transition between them.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]