FORUMS: list search recent posts

is this wrong? Changing order of objects erases Keyframes on Layer

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Laberee
is this wrong? Changing order of objects erases Keyframes on Layer
on Dec 28, 2005 at 9:28:40 pm

I'm trying to make the leap from AE to motion and this is stumping me

My trouble is with a layer that has 9 video clips exported from FCP5. I have cropped and scaled all the video clips and positioned them in a long horizontal stripe. People make a comment and then we slide right to the next video. This happens 8 times and then the last video moves to the right and to full screen. The motion is applied to the layer (the whole stripe) thru keyframes

Now this worked well, and then we needed to have the final box move forward over the 8th clip. No prob, just change the layer order and away we go. Unfortunately, it removes all the keyframes from the layer. Must be something in the way I'm working, so I undo. But the keyframes are gone.

Undo puts the layer order back, but not the keyframes.
If I undo enough times, the keyframes come back, but this is backwards to work I did about an hour before, killing all my changes and tuning.

I have reverted to a saved version before the layer swap and tested just moving a layer and the same thing happens?

Is there something I should know about?

Thanx in advance
Darren Laberee
btw G5 2.7G 8G OSX 10.4.3 Motion 2.01

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: is this wrong? Changing order of objects erases Keyframes on Layer
on Dec 29, 2005 at 6:26:55 pm

Not sure about this but have you considered using behaviors instead? Keyframes are there for heavy duty precise stuff but for something like this you'll find behaviors much quicker and easier to move around. Just a suggestion from the AFX to Motion refugees.

Noah

Return to posts index

Darren Laberee
Behaviors instead of keyframes
on Dec 30, 2005 at 6:28:30 pm

Thanx Noah, but I had tried to do it with behaviors, and i quickly became a 100 layer mess.

i tried but it took 3 layers to zoom up, hold and zoom back for each picture (of 14)
plus 2 throws per picture

Maybe it's just a learning curve thing, i hope

Thanx again
Darren

Return to posts index

Darren Laberee
Behaviors instead of keyframes
on Dec 30, 2005 at 6:28:31 pm

Thanx Noah, but I had tried to do it with behaviors, and i quickly became a 100 layer mess.

i tried but it took 3 layers to zoom up, hold and zoom back for each picture (of 14)
plus 2 throws per picture

Maybe it's just a learning curve thing, i hope

Thanx again
Darren

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]