FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Sickness 2

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Jeffares
Motion Sickness 2
on Dec 26, 2005 at 6:15:27 pm

I have the G5 Quad w/4.5G RAM and Motion 2. When I installed the first day everything came up fine. On the second day I started having the problems of not being able to make a new project, open a template, or open the canvas, etc. As far as permissions, it says I have both read & write capabilities. Also when I open my preferences, I am not able to change anything.

I have reintalled twice and still have the same problems. Have tried to trash my prefs, but none show up in my Library.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Motion Sickness 2
on Dec 27, 2005 at 12:46:55 am

If you did all that and it's a new machine I'd suggest reinstalling the OS from scratch. You could also have some bad RAM.

Noah

Return to posts index

Scot Walker
on Dec 28, 2005 at 1:56:56 am

Apple really, really needs an uninstaller in their OS. This myth that you just drag and drop your app to the trash has gone on long enough. What's weird is Apple is the worst at this. With Photoshop, sure, I have to go find all the Application Support folders, etc., but at least they are visible and easy to find.

Return to posts index

Jeff Jeffares
on Dec 28, 2005 at 5:27:36 pm

When I pull up a tutorial that I am working on all the featues appear, so I don't know if reinstalling is the answer. The problems appear when I try to open a new project, although the preferences are still frozen.

Jeff

Return to posts index

renegade9
on Dec 29, 2005 at 12:20:27 am

Hey Jeff. I had some Motion problems like yours where it wouldn't start at all. I had another computer hooked up via firewire that was acting as a drive. I disconnected that and all seems to be well. Perhaps that helps.

jeff.:

Return to posts index

gregg brent
on Dec 29, 2005 at 7:48:40 pm

Jeff,
I had exact same problem. I bought the new Quad, had 2.5Gig Ram, 7800nvidea, etc. Motion worked fine on the old 1.6G5 but now the same thing you describe .. it opens but can't use templates, open new window, etc. It's like a semi-crash.

I fixed solution but calling Apple support and she had me download and install ProAppRuntime.pkg. Check to see if you have this under Finder/Library/Receipts/

maybe this will help. mine was fixed after this

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]