FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keying flowing curtain

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bipolardave
Keying flowing curtain
on Dec 26, 2005 at 5:17:37 pm

Hello.

I'm trying to recreate the flowing curtain motiff from the iDVD4 wedding template.

I'm new to keying and was wondering, before I spent the $$$, if I would have have diffcutites shooting and compositing a semi-transparent lace curtain with a green screen behind. I suspect that it's no simple feat create a convincing key that shows through only in holes in the fabric of the curtain.

I'm shooting with an FX1 and am aware of interlace induced "shimmering" in areas of contrast. Would I experience that here?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Keying flowing curtain
on Dec 27, 2005 at 12:45:17 am

Why not shoot a solid curtain and this dial it's opacity down a bit? Much much easier than trying to key off a semi-transparent material.

Noah

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 27, 2005 at 12:46:11 am

Alternatively I would suggest shooting as a luma key rather than as a greenscreen. That is shoot again a white or black surface and key off of brightness values rather than color keying.

Noah

Return to posts index

bipolardave
on Dec 27, 2005 at 4:56:27 am

That's plan B.

I picked up some white fishnet material from the local Walmart that might pass the green without too many problems.

I'll shoot it soon and report back.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on Dec 28, 2005 at 3:59:43 am

You can also take a curtain and paint it in patterns using the opposite color/brightness to key out.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]