FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframing using the Record Button Bug in Motion 2.0.1

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathryn Gregorio
Keyframing using the Record Button Bug in Motion 2.0.1
on Dec 15, 2005 at 12:55:35 am

I've just been told by Apple that the simple maneuver that I did a hundred times in the previous version of Motion no longer works in the Upgrade! That maneuver is hitting the Red Record Button, moving the playhead to a point on the timeline, creating a move on a TIF, moving the playhead to where I want to move to end and then hitting the Red Record Button to end the move. The keyframe is not automatically made at the beginning by hitting the Red Record Button, but is made at the end. The work arounds suggested were way more laborious, involving multiple keystrokes.

If you make documentaries with still images, this is a major bug. Does anyone know anymore about this issue?

Kathryn

Dual G5 2.0, 4MB, G-Raid 800GB FW 800 FCP HD

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: Keyframing using the Record Button Bug in Motion 2.0.1
on Dec 15, 2005 at 1:33:14 am

Hey Kathryn,

I'm not sure I follow you correctly. Enabling Record (toggling on the record button) has never caused a keyframe to be created. Changing any parameter (moving something, etc), AFTER enabling Record, causes keyframes to be created.

I can do the following in Motion 2.0.1:

1. Position an object at its starting position (Record off).
2. Turn on Record (you can do this after moving the playhead, doesn't matter).
3. Move the playhead to the next point in time I want a keyframe at.
4. Position the object to where I want it to end up.
5. Repeat steps 3&4 until animation is complete.
6. Turn off Record to stop creating keyframes when making changes.

Doing this creates keyframes as I go, starting at frame 1 (which gets set automatically).

Were you describing something different?

Return to posts index

Kathryn Gregorio
on Dec 15, 2005 at 1:56:20 am

Maybe I wasn't clear. Prior to Motion 2.0.1 you could position the playhead anywhere on your timeline,
hit the record button and that would be the starting keyframe for your motion. You could then move
your playhead to where you wanted your motion to end and then move your object (or resize or do anything).
You would then disable the record button and your motion would be added -- starting with where you had
first placed your playhead.
Now the motion begins at the beginning of my timeline regardless of where I place my playhead (and then enabling the record button). It does end correctly (where I had positioned the end point), but regardless of what object I move it will NOT begin at the position of the playhead.
In other words, if I want my movement to begin 2 seconds (60 frames) from the start of the timeline, using the record button after placing the playhead at 60 frames no longer works. It begin the motion from the first frame regardless of playhead placement.
This was confirmed by Apple this evening.

Dual G5 2.0, 4MB, G-Raid 800GB FW 800 FCP HD

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on Dec 15, 2005 at 2:56:24 am

So it sounds to me that we should go to the Motion Feedback page and suggest that enabling the auto record button should put a keyframe at the current frame (like After Effects), not frame 1.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]