FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jumbled text

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Monette
Jumbled text
on Dec 5, 2005 at 2:03:33 pm

Hi There,

I'm working on a project in Motion with some text. I have an effect of the text that wipes it on, plus a "throw" behaviour on the layer that the text is in. Everythime I render the project the text comes out jumbled. Has anyone had this problem before? Any solutions?

Thanks

Chris

PS - I'm running the latest versions of Motion and FCP

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Jumbled text
on Dec 5, 2005 at 6:34:35 pm

Jumbled- how? Got a still?

Noah

Return to posts index

Chris Monette
on Dec 5, 2005 at 8:04:39 pm

The text is out of order and kind of piled on top of each other - sort of like the trackiing is set in the negative range. It seems to happen because there is a "throw" on the text layer, plus some other stuff.
When I remove the throw and add position keyframes, the problem disappears.

I have a new problem though. Every now and then, for no explicable reason, I get stuck in the hand tool. I'm postivive I haven't selected it either with the mouse or the keyboard. Everytime I want to do something on the canvas, the hand tool pops up and will move the canvas around. No matter what tool I choose, the hand tool is there until I quit out of Motion. I had this problem in version 1 as well. Anyone seen this?

Thanks

Chris

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Dec 6, 2005 at 8:08:10 am

Hey Chris,

Did you try unchecking the "Affect Objects" checkbox on the Throw? This will prevent it from individually affecting each character.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]