FORUMS: list search recent posts

Producer wants this effect:

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JeremyG
Producer wants this effect:
on Dec 4, 2005 at 5:24:07 am

Look at http://www.apple.com/aperture/ and watch the animation. My producer wants to mimic the first effects of the particles that then form a photograph. Can this be done in Motion or do I need to look elsewhere? Thanks for your time.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Producer wants this effect:
on Dec 4, 2005 at 6:00:41 am

Sure you could do something like this in many ways- with the replicator for example or one of the distortion filters. Though truth be told the Aperture effect was possibly done in something like Shake.

Noah

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on Dec 6, 2005 at 7:26:03 pm

After Effects Card Dance is a no brainer for this effect.
Strongly urge you to locate a local AE expert and hire it done. Far easier and cheaper than trying to kluge Motion into doing it although Patrick Shefflield, over on apple.com/Motion, has accomplished the deed.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Dec 6, 2005 at 8:06:25 pm

Thanks, Bogie. I got card dance up and running (i cross posted this later in the AE forum) and it works fantastically. It's exactly what I wanted. It's not for the meek as it works with luminance and color channels, but after some tweaking and a quick tutorial, I'm all good. Thanks for the post.

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on Dec 7, 2005 at 7:53:38 pm

Anytime, Jeremy, glad you're up and flying and thanks for the kind words, Most of the time I just piss people off.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Rene Coffey
on Dec 15, 2005 at 1:27:16 pm

bogiesan

do you have a more specific link to the Patrick Shefflied piece you mentioned?

thanks

Rene

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]