FORUMS: list search recent posts

Launching Motion Problem

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Flach
Launching Motion Problem
on Nov 25, 2005 at 5:24:36 pm

This is wierd. If I launch Motion by either double-clicking a project file or dragging the file on top of the Motion icon, the following happens: the layers I created are there, but none of the previews, thumbnails, or bars in the timeline are visible. (I don't get any warnings about missing files when the project opens.) Everything is grayed out. For all intents, it's just a shell. However, the media files are still in the Media tab and those thumbs are visible. I can drag an object from the Media tab to the Canvas and it's added to the Timeline (including bars); it behaves normally. But, if I save and then reopen by either of the above two methods, the new items are now grayed out too.

One workaround is to open the project as described, close it, and then reopen. The second time it's opened everything will be as normal.

Another workaround is to first open Motion, and then open an existing project file by any method (including the above). Once again, everything is okay. BUT only if I have the preferences set to "Create New Project". If they are set to anything else, Motion immediately crashes on launch.

Obviously, this problem isn't a complete show stopper, but it sure indicates something isn't right. Trashed the preferences and that didn't help. I'm stymied. Anyone have any ideas? Am running Motion 2.0 in 10.4.2.

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Launching Motion Problem
on Nov 25, 2005 at 6:12:37 pm

I'd suggest a reinstall.

Noah

Return to posts index

Tom Flach
on Nov 25, 2005 at 7:01:50 pm

Thanks, Noah. Did that and repaired permissions. Same problems.

Tom

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 25, 2005 at 7:04:45 pm

Did you run software update- I believe Motion is at 2.01 or higher now.

Noah

Return to posts index

Tom Flach
on Nov 25, 2005 at 7:17:09 pm

I'm running 10.4.2. You need to be running 10.4.3 to update to Motion 2.0.1, and I've been avoiding updating to 10.4.3 due to problems I've read about with it. May just have to bite the bullet and hope for the best.

Thanks again,
Tom

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 25, 2005 at 11:52:02 pm

Definitely- 10.4.3 works fine for me.

Noah

Return to posts index

Tom Flach
on Nov 26, 2005 at 6:48:12 am

Upgraded to 10.4.3 and Motion 2.0.1. That seems to have fixed things. Thanks.

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]