FORUMS: list search recent posts

Livetype Spotlight effect

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ROB DUNFORD
Livetype Spotlight effect
on Nov 21, 2005 at 6:34:38 pm

Hi
Any thoughts on how to create the spotlight effect on any font?

Thanks
Rob D
UK

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: Livetype Spotlight effect
on Nov 22, 2005 at 9:36:37 pm

Not clear enough.
Do you mean an instrument shining on a stage or do you just want to put a light glint across the face of the text?

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

ROB DUNFORD
on Nov 22, 2005 at 10:20:11 pm

The look I was after is the same as the livetype font 'Spotlight' where the letters are backlight by a travelling spot. Is that clearer?

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on Nov 23, 2005 at 2:46:32 pm

Ah, yesyesyes. Much more clearer.
Cant' be done.
You would need a volumetric filter such as Trapcode's Shine.

You CAN fake it. Much easier to have the appropriate tool, though. Or hire it done by someone who has After Effects.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

ROB DUNFORD
on Nov 24, 2005 at 10:24:30 am

Hi
Thanks for the tip! I found the software, tried it and bought it. It looks just like the Livefont effect and lots of manipulation. Thanks

Return to posts index

ROB DUNFORD
on Nov 25, 2005 at 2:10:46 am

Hi Bogiesan
I now have Shine and it looks great, but it still doesn't give quite the 'Spotlight' effect, I am making up a TV logo/ident and I wanted to have the light travel down the station name, but for most of the effect the word is obscured by the light rays. How could I make each letter shine in succession without obscuring the whole word and finish up with no shine effect. If you have a look at the Spotlight font you will see what I mean.
Thanks in advance
Rob

Return to posts index

LinzHenderson
on Nov 24, 2005 at 2:19:40 am

Eh, my Mac's down at the moment so I can't confirm this...but couldn't he use the 'lightrays' effect to get the same look as the spotlight font? I use it quite often on bitmaps with alpha and I'm sure I've used it on text in this way - I could be misunderstanding 'though :p

Linz
Amethyst Graphics
Scotland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]