Two "duh" questions. (or maybe not)

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caflama
Two "duh" questions. (or maybe not)
on Nov 21, 2005 at 2:41:05 am

Hi
This may sound like a duh question, but here it is anyway:
I created a pretty complex title sequence in motion. It is part of a sequence (the movie) The video I used was in DV resolution.
Now I try to uprez the video to 10 bit uncompressed. Everything works well as far as the movie is concerned, but the motion media is nowhere to be found. It didnt even ask for the media during the up rez process.
The project has been transfered to another computer, was originally done on FCP4.5 and Motion1 and is now on FCP5/Motion2.
Where did I go wrong and what steps am I missing?

The other related question is (maybe not so 'duh'):
I want to color correct the shots that are under and in the titles with Magic Bullet. I still have the sequence in FCP that was used to create the title sequence. How can I make those color corrections and then embed this footage into the motion project. I don't want to rebuild the titles again if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: Two "duh" questions. (or maybe not)
on Nov 21, 2005 at 2:48:41 pm

1. What do you mean by the "motion media?" Did you expoort anything from Motion or was the project embedded in the FCP sequence?

2. Have you tried making a duplicate of the sequence, applying the cc filters, saving, and seeing how it opens in Motion?

Generally speaking it is never a good idea to upgrade systems in the middle of a project.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

caflama
Re: Two "duh" questions. (or maybe not)
on Nov 21, 2005 at 7:05:57 pm

Thanks for the reply

By 'media' I mean the footage that plays underneath and to some part in the titles. The Motion sequence is embedded in FCP and I'm trying to 'unembed it, apply the cc filters and then reembed the footage with the title moves and effects. I'm not sure if this is even possible.
It would be great to be able to create a motion sequence in low rez and then have the ability to go back and uprez the footage like one would do in FCP (or AVID for that matter)

I'll try to duplicate the sequence with the cc filters applied.
I know it's not a good idea to upgrade during a project. If all fails I can still go back to the old version, because it still lives on another computer.

If anybody found or knows the 'magic button' that solves this up-rez issue, I'll greatly appreciate it.
Thanks again for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]