FORUMS: list search recent posts

Play movie on OPEN / EJECT

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DAFsr
Play movie on OPEN / EJECT
on Nov 17, 2005 at 3:44:41 pm

I have a short tag movie (10 seconds of credits) I'd like to play when the viewer gets done watching the DVD.

Is there a way to get it to play when the OPEN or EJECT button is hit?

There's 8 different videos or slide shows to watch, and there isn't any order to how they would be watched, so I don't want to just add the tag to the end of one of the videos.

Any thoughts on this.

Thanks,

David

Dual 2.5 G5 {OS 10.3.6}
4.5 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL
DeckLink SP
ATTO ExpressPCI UL4S
Medea Video Raid RT320
Sony UVW-1800
Pansonic AG-DV2500
FCP Production Suite
Media Cleaner Pro 6
2 -Optiquest 21" CRTs
Bella EZ Keyboard

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: oooh, bad idea.
on Nov 18, 2005 at 6:39:11 pm

AFAIK, no, the eject button is not addressable in GERM/SPERM scripts. But you could certianly try pushing the button and see what happens in the log window. If the button registers a command with a set of codes associated, you can probably write a conditional script.

However, I'd REALLY have to ask you what YOU would think of a SOB who programmed a DVD so it couldn't be ejected?
Let's say you get a DVD in the mail from SoloFlex and you watch thei first fewmintues and realize you made a horrible mistake so you hit the eject button. But you are forced to watch another movie. so you hit eject again and you the torture movie starts over again.

Me? I'd be thoroughly hosed. Not only would I discard the DVD, I'd probably put it the microwave just to make a statement, hoping the author would feel it. Then I'd remove all traces of and references to the source from my life.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

DAFsr
Re: oooh, bad idea.
on Nov 18, 2005 at 7:18:03 pm

I'm not talking "Gone with the Wind". A 10 second tag that shows who made the DVD
It would probably be over by the time they walk over to the player to take out the disc.

I do see your point though. But they'd probably remember me! "Oh, that's that SOB that made me watch his tag!" Mabye they would think, "Hey, I need this pushy 'B' to be doing my media.

Anyway, thanks for the post. I've read (and copied for future reference) a lot of your other posts to other people. I spend an hour or so every now and then going through most of the posts, trying to learn as much as I can. I do it more on the FCP Forum, but I have been known to roam this one too, looking for knowledge. There were even a few times I had the answer to someone's problem.

Thanks again.

David

Dual 2.5 G5 {OS 10.3.6}
4.5 GB RAM
DeckLink SP
ATTO ExpressPCI UL4S
Medea Video Raid RT320
Sony UVW-1800
Pansonic AG-DV2500
FCP Production Suite
Media Cleaner Pro 6
2 -Optiquest 21" CRTs
Bella EZ Keyboard

Return to posts index

DAFsr
OOPS! Wrong forum
on Nov 18, 2005 at 7:21:11 pm

Sorry about that. I just realized I had originally posted this in the Motion Forum instead of DVD Studio Pro.

David

Dual 2.5 G5 {OS 10.3.6}
4.5 GB RAM
DeckLink SP
ATTO ExpressPCI UL4S
Medea Video Raid RT320
Sony UVW-1800
Pansonic AG-DV2500
FCP Production Suite
Media Cleaner Pro 6
2 -Optiquest 21" CRTs