FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text on DVD looks jagged

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gregg brent
Text on DVD looks jagged
on Nov 16, 2005 at 6:27:39 pm

I used a template in motion (one of the water ones). looks great in quicktime (animation codec) but when I burn a DVD (using toast) the text looks jagged and interlaced when it's moving. it's fine during the still parts. How do i get the text to look smooth on the DVD? THANKS

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: Text on DVD looks jagged
on Nov 18, 2005 at 8:54:13 pm

> I used a template in motion (one of the water ones). looks great in quicktime (animation codec) but when I burn a DVD (using toast) the text looks jagged and interlaced when it's moving. it's fine during the still parts. How do i get the text to look smooth on the DVD? THANKS<

Why did you use Animation? That's a non-realtime, lossless codec mostly used to move clips from one application to another before rendering or encoding to a release medium like, say, DV.

Why did you use Toast? Toast's MPEG2 encoder is pretty solid but so is DVDSP or iDVD. Just curious why Toast was your tool of choice.

Where are you viewing the DVD? If you're watching it on your computer, yes, you're going to see interlacing issues unless you created the Motion elements specifically for a progressive display. If you are seeing these problems on a TV set or video monitor, then we've got some other stuff to consider like your MPEG2 settings.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]