FORUMS: list search recent posts

Morphing in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
drarsky
Morphing in Motion
on Nov 8, 2005 at 11:23:29 pm

Does anyone know how to do morphing in Motion? In AE you can take 2 eps files and it reads all the vector points in each file and morphs the two from one to the other. Ie. if I had a vector file tahts says BOB and I want it to morph in to a vector file of the word Hope.
Any ideas? Also can you add dimension and texture to a flat file whil morphing, or should I stick to AE fo this?

Return to posts index

Bill McGuire
Re: Morphing in Motion
on Nov 9, 2005 at 2:49:49 am

Morphage and Morphx (free) are two programs which will morph.... save in QT and import into Motion.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 11, 2010 at 12:39:36 am

Bill, thanks for the websites. I found this plug-in for Motion and just used it and it works well: http://www.chv-plugins.com/cms/FxPlug/Morphing/Morphing.php?navanchor=10100...

I know this post is old, but I found this via google, it ranked #1 for the phrase Morphing in Motion. So I thought I would add my find for people who find this post later on.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Nov 9, 2005 at 4:21:14 pm

Heya,

If you're looking to interpolate between two different vector files (like .ai files), Motion does not offer that functionality.

Return to posts index

drarsky
on Nov 9, 2005 at 5:09:59 pm

cool thanks, that was the response I was looking for. I guess I will stick with AE. Just thought it would be nice to make a clean switch to Motion. I hope they integrate that ability in the next version, it is a common effect needed and most people creatiing motion graphics use Illustrator also.

Thanks for all the help, oh and I downlaoded that morhx program. it is a fun program, but has better use for going from a picture to picture. AE is still much cleaner and smoother looking for going from a vector to vector.

~Chandra

Return to posts index

Brian FitzGerald
on Nov 10, 2005 at 2:57:49 am

You said:

"In AE you can take 2 eps files and it reads all the vector points in each file and morphs the two from one to the other"

I know this is a little off the forum subject but since you brought it up I was not aware that you can morph with eps files in AE. I don't see how. Can you elaborate?

Brian FitzGerald
FitzVideo.com

Return to posts index

drarsky
on Nov 10, 2005 at 5:12:41 pm

you can take a look at an articel posted on the cow for some info.
http://www.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/page_wrapper.cgi?forumid=%3CFORUMID%3E&p...

Return to posts index

Brian FitzGerald
on Nov 11, 2005 at 1:36:15 am

thanks

Brian FitzGerald
FitzVideo.com

Return to posts index

drar
by
on Nov 13, 2005 at 4:09:54 am

here is another tutorial on morphing in AE that is really good.

http://www.creativecow.net/articles/zwar_chris/morph/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]