FORUMS: list search recent posts

My Wiki of Motion 2 Gripes

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
plowboylifestyle
My Wiki of Motion 2 Gripes
on Oct 27, 2005 at 5:20:27 pm

After dealing with many issues while trying to work with Motion 2, I decided to create a page on my personal wiki, that lists all the problems that I see with the current state of the software, and suggestions for the future.

http://www.ianbloom.com/blog/index.php/The_Problem_with_Motion_2

This is a wiki, so feel free to modify it, add to it, correct it. And maybe some apple engineers will take notice and make the software better.

Ian

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: My Wiki of Motion 2 Gripes
on Oct 27, 2005 at 8:49:57 pm

Hey Ian,

Good idea, having a public repository of changes we'd like to see. It's a little negatively titled, though, if you want it to be a positive influence. I couldn't help meddling and added a couple of edits about existing stuff.

Thanks for putting this up!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: My Wiki of Motion 2 Gripes
on Oct 28, 2005 at 12:30:01 am

Yeah at least call it the Motion Suggestion Box. You catch more flies with honey...

Noah

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: My Wiki of Motion 2 Gripes-also..
on Oct 28, 2005 at 5:00:54 pm

No offense but it's a little disingenuous to start telling Apple engineers what to do after using their app for a month when it's been in development for over 2 years. Maybe you should spend a lot more time learning it before feeling qualified to determine what's "wrong" with it.

Return to posts index

michael del rossi
on Oct 28, 2005 at 10:09:17 pm

Noah.
Not to be a buttinskie but, ;0)
Just because some Software Engineers have produced a beautiful master piece of software engineering doesn't necessarily mean that it is useable. In most cases it's the feedback that they get that allows them (if they listen) to make it practical as well.
Apples' big thing is ease of use and intuitive interfaces. As software programs gets more robust and are directed too a smaller market (as video is compared to a mail program or web browser) It tends to loose that simplicity. Granted Motion has a learning curve as does After Effects, Shake and other complex programs, but there are certain defacto standards that compositors and effects artists have come to expect. and if these standards are not addressed then the learning curve gets steeper.
I'm not the " because thats the way it's always been done" type, but there are times when reinventing the wheel is not necessary.
just a few thoughts.
mdr

Return to posts index

michael del rossi
on Oct 28, 2005 at 10:11:05 pm

One more thing, I love the way Motion handles a lot of things, I just wish it was better. It's the program I hate to love.
mdr

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]