FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Menu for DVD

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anna  Panetta
Motion Menu for DVD
on Oct 26, 2005 at 1:02:04 pm

Hi There,

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm trying to create a Menu in Apple Motion whereby I have a picture of a goal net, and four soccer balls. These balls will have text beneath them stating Play Movie, Extra Footage, Team Profile and Training. Ideally, I would like to do the following. When I select lets say for example, 'Play Movie' Button, I want the ball above to shoot off into the net, then the sequence for that Button commences. Once I know how to do one, then I'll follow onto the remaining three buttons. I am authoring the DVD in DVD Studio Pro.

Hope the above makes sense.

Ta
Anna

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Motion Menu for DVD
on Oct 26, 2005 at 2:29:32 pm

It's pretty simple- you make an animation for each ball shooting off and then set up the main menu to jump to the appropriate animation once the selection is made.

So- you have the main version of the menu with the balls sitting still that loops. Then 4 seperate tracks- one for each ball movement and you jump to the appropriate one when the selection is made. In effect it's a jump cut edit but since the balls are in the same spot in the moving menu no one will notice this.

Noah

Return to posts index

anna  Panetta
Re: Motion Menu for DVD
on Oct 27, 2005 at 3:14:51 pm

Hi There,

Thanks so much for your advice. I did it! It took me a few reads of your thread to understand, as I'm only a beginner at both Motion, FCP and DVD Studio, but your knowledge helped me! A big thankyou.

ta
anna

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]