FORUMS: list search recent posts

16 and 32 bit modes in Motion 2 break some filters...

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lu Nelson
16 and 32 bit modes in Motion 2 break some filters...
on Oct 21, 2005 at 8:37:46 am

I wonder...does anyone know why and for which filters one can (not) use 16 and 32 bit modes?

I was disappointed to find that their new Basic 3D filter doesn't work in 16 bit properly...

really wish it did, as I need to use 16 bit mode to affect a linear-light gamma-corrected compositing effect, making images look like they were shot and faded in/out on an optical printer, while I'm using Basic 3D as part of a way to mimic a rostrum camera

clarifying what I mean:

http://www.dv.com/print_me.jhtml?articleId=159900513

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: 16 and 32 bit modes in Motion 2 break some filters...
on Oct 21, 2005 at 6:43:08 pm

Hey Lu,

What do you mean when you say that Basic 3D doesn't work in 16-bit? Can you be more specific?

Return to posts index

Lu Nelson
Re: 16 and 32 bit modes in Motion 2 break some filters...
on Nov 3, 2005 at 7:25:29 pm

Well, it seems if you have a file set up with Basic 3D on it, then change the project to 16bit, it goes all wrong. It doesn't seem to be able to compute it in 16 bit; it just looks like distortion; however, on later thought, this might be because in 16bit the graphics card can only handle smaller files...that is, in 8bit, you can't animate anything bigger than 2048x2048 and in 16bit I'm sure this is actually more limited. Maybe a smaller file, like 1024x1024 would be able to render properly in 16bit with the Basic 3D effect, I don't know, I have to try it

LMN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]